Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I Quit My Job and Travel

This is exactly what i want to do from a long time ago. And i have done that. True, i always moving around for my job and it's also true that it isn't something good for the employer moreover in your CV. But, why i should stay longer if my heart says no?! They say, don't use your feeling because feeling is something that u can not control, use your logic instead. I spit it all, i prefer to listen my heart. The main reason is as simple as: i'm a field geologist but i'm not a slave. Geologist is able to give recommendation and sugestion based on their brain. Geologist has power to say or at least states that "we can not go on" or "we keep going". Gelogist is must involved in any development resources or giving opinion for extention exploration. Is it sounds arogant? No, it's not. Because it's principal. Because that is what geologist for, to drive or to halted. Since i couldn't apply what becomes my principe therefore i brave my heart to decide 'okay, this isn't the right system in my vision and i don't want to drown in it'.

Briefly, i quit the job. I quit without knowing what will be my next job. But what i felt was, glad, free, and ready for the next adventure. Yes! I might don't have new job afterwards but new adventure is always there, in front of me. So, after saying goodbye to office fellows, i packed my bag, poke my adventure partner who also jobless (gee... we are great couple!) to come with me to walk around volcanoes in Indonesia, especially Sumbawa. Yes! Tambora was our main project. It's always there, in our mind.

After marked around Sumbawa-Lombok-Bali-Ijen-Chiang Mai-west Java area for about 2 months or in other words i would say, after being jobless for 2 months, i feel definitely great! Well, even though sometimes i worry about my brain ;-) but apart from that i feel excellent. Honestly, being jobless was the best job i ever had. I was a bit stress at first about money whereas i keep mobile for travelling. But, hey.. i survive, i did my travel budget and not spending all at one time. I know that i'm not a rich girl, but i don't feel pitty either when no sallary coming to my account. I break the routinity by exploring new places instead of going to office and sit on crazy traffic. We walked so many kilometres to hitchhike on a truck instead using ojek and spend 50K. We calculate every single expense for food, we slept in a filthy Losmen that recomended by Lonely Planet (since that i swear i wouldn't believe any bible for traveller!-go to hell LP!). We made friends and had so much fun with local guys in Dompu. Ah God, it was amazing! walked at the market and talked to people with sincere smile.. no strings attached! We had hard time to in Lombok because of their spirit. I was so upset with their mind set that see us as a tourist then having their own theory about tourist and 'having a lot of money'. I wish i could shout 'it's totally wrong' to them but i didn't do it. Being traveler and doing traveling doesn't mean you have a lot of money. To have budget, it's true but it's different thing when we decide to spend it. We will choose a better way to spend it, efficient, convenient, and enough. We experienced many things which was not always good and smooth, sometimes full of tricky or sometimes can be very sincere and honest.

Anyway.. it's a great feeling that i want to share in my blog while i was jobless. Unfortunately, being out of the comfort zone is not always miserable. It's depend how you deal with it. Life is an adventure, so why not come out and play ?!

I would like to say thanks to my adventure partner which is my lovely, super boyfriend who always encourage me to have a brave heart, to be what i wanna be not what they want me to be. And also for our travel mate; who we just knew from internet but very keen to join us even though we don't know each other before. It was great, great adventure, experience, and feeling.

The end.
Setia Budi, late at night

0 komentar: